Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The colour of the wind

What a weird topic...The first colour that popped into my head when I thought about this was actually blue...probably because wind is associated with coldness and the word breeze - which sounds cold. But as I thought further about this I came to the conclusion that it should be all the colours of the rainbow.

Reason why I am saying that is that the wind blows by everything, it blows over the whole world; the sea, the forest, houses, mountains, flowers, trees. Therefore it only makes sense that it takes a bit of each of those elements - thus being full of colours.

It probably also has to do with the way I am feeling at a specific moment...like the first time I heard the topic I was actually feeling a bit blue - hence the colour. At the moment I am feeling more happy and excited - thus the wind at the moment seems to be all the colours of the rainbow.

I end this blog with a song out of Pocahontas believe it or not. I think it fits in perfectly with this week’s topic.

All the colours of the wind
You think you own whatever land you land on
The Earth is just a dead thing you can claim
But if you know every rock and tree and creature
Has a life, has a spirit, has a name
You think the only people who are people
Are the people who look and think like you
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
You'll learn things you never knew, you never knew

Chorus:
Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
Or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned
Can you sing with all the voices of the mountain
Can you paint with all the colours of the wind
Can you paint with all the colours of the wind
Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest

Come taste the sun sweet berries of the Earth
Come roll in all the riches all around you
And for once, never wonder what they're worth
The rainstorm and the river are my brother
The heron and the otter and my friends
And we are all connected to each other
In a circle, in a hoop that never ends

Repeat 'Chorus'

How high does the sycamore grow
If you cut it down, then you'll never know
And you'll never hear the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
For whether we are white or copper skinned
We need to sing with all the voices of the mountain
We need to paint with all the colours of the wind
All you own is Earth until
You can paint with all the colours of the wind

Vanessa Williams

2 comments:

  1. This song out of Pocahontas fits with this topic. Just to read this song is like reading the "real" definition of the wind.


    The wind connects with the nature of life and also with the people on earth. We all are connected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I also thought of the Pocahontas song when I first saw the topic! Colours do reflect your moods and you see the world around you through those colours. Also the song lyrics are really nice.We are all connected, all people and nature.

    ReplyDelete